So at church in our new area, I have been called to be a Family History Specialist. This year the stake president has asked that the adult members of all the wards look up 15 family names each and take them to the temple. This leaves our one ward alone with 2,205 names! This is a lot of names and I have been put in charge of coordinating the whole thing for our ward. It is a huge task, but things are going well so far, I think. I have actually really enjoyed learning how to do family history. It's quite addicting once you get into it.
Things here are starting to warm up a little bit. It has been in the mid-30's and 40's everyday now instead of 4 degrees. And the snow is melting which is good too. I hate driving in the snow. The other day I thought I was going to be driving over a large ice puddle, but when I started to drive through it, the ice cracked and I almost got my little Passat stuck in it. That was not a good feeling. I felt kinda like an idiot after that and my husband and father-in-law thought it was pretty funny when I told them about it too. For some reason, I'm just not smart when it comes to driving in the snow and ice. Hopefully I will get over that soon.
1 comment:
Kristen, you are so sweet. We need to get together when we are both back in Utah. I get back April 23rd. Oh, and my mom has the same calling as you and she LOVES it! She has been obsessed with family history for a while and she is great at it. So if you ever want any help from her, just let me know :)
Post a Comment