Wednesday, August 20, 2008

23 Weeks

I am now 23 weeks and my belly is growing. Alex is constantly touching it and calling me "Big Belly" because he can hardly believe it. He especially thinks that my bellybutton looks funny and it sure does. But it is exciting. I had a doctor's appointment today and things are still looking great. They are keeping my original due date of December 17th, so hopefully baby boy will want to come a little early so that he won't be too close to Christmas. I got to hear his heartbeat again too and it was a nice, strong 156 bmp. I'm glad that things are progressing so well. At my next appointment I have to do the glucose test for gestational diabetes, so I am not looking forward to that, but I'm sure it won't be as bad as it sounds. Overall, I'm a happy pregnant woman because my belly isn't too big yet. :)
More news about the house. Everything is looking wonderful. The house is now painted and the outside is landscaped. They have also put carpet and light fixtures inside, so everything should be finished on time for Tuesday of next week. We are still on time to close on August 29 and then move in over Labor Day weekend! I can't wait to be in our OWN home! It will be so nice to finally own our very own place. I really feel like an adult now. Here is a picture of the house:

9 comments:

stacey said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl, and I love your house! Good luck with the diabetes test... I failed the first one, and the second one is no fun! Let that be motivation for you :)

Ashley said...

Wow! 23 weeks already? You look great! I am so excited for you guys to move into your house.

Kristen Miner said...

Hey, that's funny. Like Stacey I failed my first glucose time too. And no the second one is not all that fun. You have to sit there for four hours while they draw blood on every other arm four times. By the way, have you had your baby yet? I am anxious to see it. And finally, do you need maternity work pants? I held onto them in case my weight was not down in time for work. But I fit back into everything just fine and don't need them. I have about five pairs but I don't recall your work attire. So you may not even need them. Are you guys visiting again anytime soon? You should see how big Gavin is now. He is a beast!!! Okay, he is still like in the 20% percentile but he is big to us now!

Megan said...

This is Megan- Matt's wife. Congrads on your pregnancy and good luck with everything!

Barbaloot said...

Too big? You hardly look pregnant! You're gonna be one of those gorgeous pregnant woman that is small all nine months:)
And I'll keep my fingers crossed that your baby is a little early. Christmas babies get gypped:)

Barb

Kristen Miner said...

You are not down to double digits on this counting the baby down thing. Well, maybe...hopefully.

Heard you are coming down with the hubby! Score for me! But so, so very sorry to hear about your great Aunt. I cannot even think of the day my Great Aunt will pass.

Kristen Miner said...

I meant now down, not 'not down'. Oh well.

Ash said...

Heya!

It's Ashley, I followed the facebook link here... You look SO FANTASTIC, I'm glad things are going so well for you. And congrats on the house!

December 13th it an excellent birthday to have. 22 years of proof to back me up on that so if you want it a little early... 13th is the way to go ;P

Rebecca Luke said...

So, I'm pretty positive that my cousin just moved into the same housing development that you did! So funny! She lives on Monica St., does that ring a bell? I'm probably going to be visiting her in January, I will have to stop by and see you!