Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby's Room

So it has taken Alex and I way longer to get the baby's room set up then we thought it would. And actually the crib isn't quite complete yet because we are missing a few pieces of hardware still. But I really wanted to get some pictures up, so we just set it up with what we have for now and we should get the rest of the hardware from Home Depot this week, hopefully. Painting was crazy. First we put on a primer and then we applied 2 coats of paint, which took forever since you have to wait so many hours between each coat. Then when we tried to pull the tape off, it took a lot of paint off with it. So I had to go back around all of the edges and touch them up very carefully so as not to get paint everywhere. It was ridiculous. Neither of us is ever really wanting to paint again after that experience. Applying the wallpaper strip was another interesting feat. We finally figured out how to put it up and then we ran out with less than 6 feet to go, so I had to order another whole roll. We should be getting the rest of it in the mail tomorrow, so we can finish the cute border soon. Despite all of these things that have held us up, I finally have some pictures to post. I want to thank my Aunt Pam, my Aunt Darcy, and my Nana for contributing to some of the cute things in the baby's room such as the lamp, the mobile, and the hamper. Thank you so much! I love the matching stuff and the room looks so cute and complete with all of those things in it. We just need to get a changing table and then we will be set. So if Delson decides to come early, I will be ready for him. Oh....it feels really good to be prepared.

10 comments:

stacey said...

I love the room- it looks so cute and very nice!

Debbie said...

What a cute room to welcome your little guy. I love reading your blog updates. It was so good to see you last month. - Cousin Debbie

Lindsey said...

So cute! I love the jungle theme and I love the bright green paint. Perfect for a little boy!

Sharee said...

Way Cute! I love the colors you chose. I wish we could paint Case's room-it really ties the whole room together. I am so excited for you two!

Anonymous said...

I love the green and the theme! It reminds me of our KAIROS theme of the "Sarengetti"- remember how angry Ms. Palin got at me about trying to call it the "Jungle?" Or maybe it was the other way around??? Either way, I love the room and your house looks great! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and hopefully I'll be able to see you and Delson at Christmas!

Justine said...

that is so cute kristen!! i am excited to see you guys soon, and at christmas you should have a BABY!! i am so excited!!

Ashley said...

The room looks so good. I am so excited for you and Alex.

Porters said...

This is sooo cute!! I really love it and am so excited for him to come! I am impressed you are getting so much done, pregnancy is exhausting as it is!

Ashley said...

your room is super cute! you guys pick a name yet? Hope your getting all your sleep now!

Jamie said...

Hey Kristin. I totally remember you. Congrats on the baby, your baby room is so adorable.

That's so fun that you bought some aprons. I'm glad you like them, it always makes me happy to hear that.

I was reading through your blog and got to your cruise pictures. That looks like such a fun cruise. I told my husband all about 'your cruise' and made him promise me we'd go next year.

Thanks for commenting!