Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update

Sorry there are no pictures associated with this post, but I figured it has been over a month since my last post and I needed to update everyone on our family's status. I have 4 days left until my due date, and nothing much seems to be changing. Last visit to the doctor, I was dilated to 2cm and the baby's head is very low, so those are good signs, but no contractions or anything as of yet. We are just waiting for her to decide when she wants to come. However, I am scheduled to be induced next Thursday, February 4 if she has not decided to come by then. So within the next week, we will have a new baby in the house! I am excited!

My last day of work was last Friday, and it is nice to be done. I'm sure there will be times when I will miss associating with adults in a work environment and doing accounting (and of course the extra income), but overall, I think this is the best decision for our family for now. It will be nice to be home all the time with my children.

Delson is learning and growing everyday. He is 13 months now and we can really see him making huge mental strides lately. He has gotten really good at signing "please" not only for food but when he needs help with a toy or wants to be held, etc. It is nice that he can sign this because there is a lot less whining now. Sometimes he will even actually say "please," but that does not happen very often. He has also gotten really good lately at dropping things on the floor and saying "Uh Oh." He likes that one a lot. I'm glad he is trying to talk, but constantly dropping things can be a bit of a nuisance since bending over is not so easy for me lately. Also exciting this week was when I asked Delson what the dog says and he replied with "woof woof." However, when I asked him what the cat says, he replied with "moo" which is still pretty good considering one of our cats is named MooMoo and so....Delson is a bit confused. Poor boy. Of course when we named MooMoo we never thought about how that would affect our future children. We are working on "meow," but for now "moo" is good for the cat. Delson is such a sweetie and I am grateful that I will be home more often to spend more time with him. He will be a wonderful big brother!

And since I probably won't make another post before our little girl is born, here is the link to the newborn gallery at the hospital: http://www.kadlecfoundation.org/newborn_gallery.php . They will post a picture of the baby soon after she is born. We are planning to name her Kambria, so be looking for her name next to ours and you can find her picture. We love you all and appreciate your prayers and love at this busy time in our lives.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That is hilarious about the moo cat situation.