Well Kambria is actually 2 1/2 months old now, but she just had her 2 month checkup. She weighed in at 13.3 lbs and 24" long (both in the 95%-ile). She is still a big girl, but I am glad that she has lengthened out quite a bit to match her chubbiness. She is still a very good baby girl. She has been struggling a bit more with gas lately, but I remember that Delson's worst gassy month was between 2 & 3 months, so I am hoping this will be the worst month for her too. However, I am glad that despite all of her gas, she has still been sleeping between 6 and 8 hours at night. I can't complain about that at all. I am so proud of her. That long stretch of uninterrupted sleep does A LOT for making me a very happy mom and giving me the energy to chase after Delson.
Delson is also doing really well. It is hard to believe he is 16 months now. He is becoming a very smart boy. This week Alex taught him how to do Tarzan, so Delson will beat on his chest and holler and it is really cute. Also, he is telling me when he wants to go down for a nap. Today I asked him if he wanted to go "night-night" for a nap and he went into the other room and brought me out his blankets and waved his hands "goodbye" at me (which means he wants to go to bed). So I laid him in his bed and he went right to sleep. He can be such a good boy.
In other news, our backyard is coming together nicely. We had some landscapers come this week and in 2 days they built this massive retaining wall. Alex pretty much designed the whole thing too and I think it looks great. Finally, we are getting somewhere with our backyard! Alex will start working on getting sprinklers in and laying sod and hopefully by the end of this month, our yard will be done. It is amazing to think. I can hardly believe that we have lived here for a year and half and now we are just getting our backyard done. I am super excited!
3 comments:
Co-ed sleepovers already? Tsk Tsk! ;) The wall looks great! I'm so excited you will be able to have a backyard for Delson to play in. And when I saw the picture of Delson at the piano at first glance he seemed so much older (like 2 or 3 years!). Kambria looks so sweet and innocent- I'm glad you are getting some good sleep!
Emily
Kristen-Kambria is getting so big & is such a cutie! I can't believe how grown up Delson looks. Your retaining wall looks awesome. It will be so nice to have your backyard done, you'll be able to send Delson out to play. I miss you and am glad to see you guys are doing good.
i'm so excited for you all and the backyard! way to go alex! kambria looks so much bigger now! I can't believe it. And I really like delson at the piano; when he gets real good and gets a scholarship to college for music this can be in his senior yearbook. Love the pictures!
Post a Comment