Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Kiddos

Sorry the blog posts are few and far between. It takes a while to update a blog and it is even worse for me because I am such a perfectionist, but at least I update about twice a month, right? That's what I keep telling myself anyways.

Delson is 17 months now and we are counting down the days until he can go to nursery at church. 2 Sundays left and then we will try to sneak him in on June 13. (I mean...come on....it's only 4 days before he turns 18 months.) We know he will love it and that we will love it too, so we just CAN'T WAIT!!! I think I can only count on one hand how many times Alex has been to Priesthood since Delson was born and I feel terrible about that. Kids....can't live with them.....can't live without them. Love them! Delson is saying all sorts of words now. I think I counted that he can say about 20 words and we are loving it. "Block," "clock," and "truck" all sound similar, but he knows the difference. He loves to say "juice," "cracker," and "cheese" just about as much as he loves putting them in his mouth. And finally we got Delson to actually SAY "please" instead of just signing it. While my mother was visiting almost 2 weeks ago, she was working really hard on getting him to say "please," but he just kept signing it. And the day after she left, he finally started saying it. So even though she didn't get to hear it, she put in a lot of hard work. Thanks Mom! Now he's a pro at saying and signing "please".

Kambria will be 4 months old on Saturday and I can hardly believe it. She is loving sitting up even though she can't do it on her own quite yet. So if Alex or I are holding her and we go and set her in her bouncer, she bursts into tears because she just hates to lay back. She just can't see as well and it makes her sad. So...she is getting spoiled because we hate to hear her cry. Only a month or 2 left and she will be able to sit up on her own. We look forward to that day. Kambria has also discovered her thumb, and she prefers it over her binkie, so I am a little saddened by this discovery. Don't get me wrong, it is nice not to have to get up several times in the night to give her her binkie whenever she wakes up and needs to suck something, but I am so worried she is going to turn out like me and have to wear head-gear and braces for 5 years. Not good! It is cute to see her sucking her thumb, but I hope she will break the habit sooner than I did.

And in other news, the fence is half way up and it should hopefully be finished by tomorrow! I will post pictures once it is done. I can't wait to take pictures of Delson's happy face while he gets to run around out back and play to his heart's content. And hopefully I can get a little sun too. Enjoy the photos!
The beautiful sky outside our house the other evening.
Delson LOVES Daddy's motorcycle and so Grandpa took him for a drive up the street on it. Delson loved it! I am pretty sure this is the beginning of things to come.
Delson likes to wear Momma's glasses.
Delson and Kambria together!
She's a pretty little princess.
First I found Kambria sucking her thumb in her crib while she was sleeping.


Then I caught her doing it while she was playing on her gym.

Then she was doing it in her Bumbo seat. I guess she is going to be a thumb sucker. Darn it!

3 comments:

stacey said...

Your kids are darling! And they should totally let Delson in nursery early, especially if one of you goes with him. They let us go a few weeks early with Kallie asbling as one of us went with her. I live the thumb sucking pictures but hope she stops for you :)

Goodall Gang said...

LOVE the pic of delson with the glasses!! Game night was super fun, lets do it again soon.

Vicki Sabin said...

Cute kids! I'll have to admit that Kambria's thumb sucking is really cute. And they make for contented kids. (Good thing you're related to an orthodontist!) Can't wait to see the finished pictures of the fence. Way to go.