Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Growing Children

Delson is almost 19 months and Kambria is coming up on 6 months.  Delson has just starting saying "No" after all of this time and he really likes to scream it over and over when he is throwing a tantrum.  It's wonderful (sarcastic of course) but I'm glad he is finally saying it and not just shaking his head.  He is also saying "all done" now which is very helpful when he is finished eating.  However, he still forgets that he knows words and he likes to whine a lot too, but I know that that is pretty normal for this age.  I have purchased myself some earplugs so that when he gets on a whining spree I can just ignore him completely without it getting on my nerves.  I decided that is the only thing I can do because if I keep telling him to stop he doesn't and if I give him a timeout he still continues when it is over.  So earplugs it is.

Kambria is able to sit up on her own for a few seconds now if she is holding herself up with her hands.  It is wonderful.  It should only be a couple more weeks before she can fully sit up on her own and I know she will love that.  She is getting cuter and cuter and so interactive.  However, I have been having a terrible time trying to wean her because she does not care for formula.  She takes a bottle of breast milk just fine, but she spits out formula.  I am so over nursing, so I hope she learns to take formula soon.  I know she will love eating food soon too.  She watches us all intently whenever we are eating and I feel bad eating in front of her, so I think I will start her on rice cereal next week.  My two little ones sure keep me busy and sometimes drive me crazy, but I love them and am grateful God sent them and trusts me to be their mother.
Cute boy wearing Momma's hat.
Sleeping beauty.  
Kambria sitting in the exersaucer.
Happy girl!
In both of these pictures Kambria is talking rather loudly, her new favorite thing to do.

1 comment:

SL said...

you forgot to show the picture of alex's shaved head ;)

love you and miss you tons! Kambria looks like a completely different girl!