Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

So....I think this Memorial Day Weekend was the first one that Alex and I didn't go somewhere. We have always gone camping or done something really fun and this weekend we hung around at home, but it was still a nice weekend. On Saturday we went riding on the Harleys to Yakima and Tri-Cities and we saw the Indiana Jones movie. That movie was great! I totally recommend seeing it. Sunday we went to church and that evening, Del and Daneen went to Yakima to pick up a new Chihuahua puppy. She is 8 weeks old and so cute. Del named her Xoco (pronouned Soko) which is Aztecan since that is where Chihuahuas were believed to have been bred. Xoco means "youngest sister" and it was the only name Del could pronounce. But she is super cute and playful. They are both very happy to have a dog in the house again.

For Memorial Day, we had a barbeque with a few friends and the food was really yummy. We had BBQ chicken, ribs, and flank steak. The evening was really gorgeous and I took a few pictures of the boys playing ball outside. I think that life out here on the farm is beautiful.

4 comments:

Kristen Miner said...

Love the post! This was our first Memorial Day not going anywhere either. Well, I guess we did travel to the hospital. :) Except a call from me soon hun. I know I have needed to call but the baby thing is hard work. We got two hours of sleep last night so, all today we have slept when he sleeps. Loves and talk to you soon.

Porters said...

wow I am glad to hear from you! I was reading through your blog and I am amazed...you guys look like you have fun!

Justine said...

this has nothing to do with memorial day weekend, but i was wondering if you knew where to find a countdown app anywhere...

Barbaloot said...

Cool picture at the bottom! Looks like life is going well...and I love the image of you on a Harley!