Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Brand New Baby Boy

It finally happened! Our little baby boy, Delson Alexander Christensen, was born today, which happened to be my due date. He is absolutely beautiful and doing really well. He was born at 5:47 this morning weighing 8 lbs 9.3 oz and 20.5" long. He also had a pretty decent sized head because it took me 4 hours of pushing and the doctor using a vacuum and forceps and quite a bit of ripping on my end to get him out. I'm glad the labor is finally over. Delson just didn't seem to want to come out. He liked being warm inside my belly I guess. He is doing very very well though and he is even breastfeeding like a pro. I'm so happy. Here are some pictures of our newest family edition:

16 comments:

Katie Wolfley said...

Congrat Kristen & Alex I can't wait to meet the little guy! Let me know if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Congrats! He is so sweet.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Yay!!! Im so glad you finally get to hold him in your arms. He is so cute. Good job Mom and Dad.

stacey said...

Congratulations!! He is such a cute little boy.

Shell Bell said...

He is darling Kristen. Congratulations.

BBC said...

congrats you two!!!! he is adorable!

Kristen Miner said...

Can I hold him please? Or at least smell him? Newborns are so sweet. Kiss him good and plenty! So glad everyone is healthy too!

Emily said...

!Yay! Congratulations! He's beautiful and perfect and wonderful! I'm excited to see more pictures when you're feeling up to it!

Kristin said...

Hey you guys, that is one sweet little boy! Congratulations. That time when they are just born is so special, you can just feel Heavenly Father's spirit emanating from them. Enjoy this wonderful experience. I am sorry that labor was so difficult. I had to push a long time with my first one too. He was 8 lbs. 14 oz. I guess that is what we get for growing big babies!

Kristin Hansen (from Mattawa--relative and former baby sitter of Alex) :)

Christina and Ryan said...

Congratulations! Also, you are awesome for blogging on the same day that you gave birth! haha

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

He's a good looking kid. Congrats! We hope everything keeps going well and wish you the best of luck with getting sleep in the next few months...

Amber said...

Kristen! He is so cute! I'm so happy for you guys!

Hymas Family said...

Welcome to the world of being a mommy & daddy! Now every conversation you have will be about pee, poop, & spit up. He is so cute & we love his head full of dark hair. Hope he's a good sleeper so y'all can get lots of rest! We hope we can come visit & see your new little family soon.
Patrick & Kristin

Ashley said...

Wow! He is so adorable. We are so happy for you. We hope you enjoy this special time. Welcome to the world Delson!!!!

Rebecca Luke said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!!!! I pushed for 4 hours too...only Aubin's head was just plain to big for his mamma...anyways! Yay for baby boys, and congratulations to you both! He is beautiful!