Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Delson!

Delson turned 1 year old today. I can hardly believe that a year has gone by since I gave birth to that cute little boy. His birthday party is Saturday afternoon, and I will make sure and take a lot of pictures of him and post them Saturday night so that everyone can see him eating cake and opening his presents. But for today, I'm just posting a small written blog.

Delson had his one year doctor check up today and he weighed in at 24.9 lbs (75%-ile) and measured 32.5" long (>97%-ile). So he is still a big boy! He's been running around so much now and keeping so busy that he has lost some of his baby weight, which is perfect. It is nice that he isn't gaining weight as quickly as he was the first 9 months because I can actually hold him for longer now, even with my big belly. He has become so fun and he is learning to entertain himself more now, which is really nice for me and will be very helpful once baby girl arrives next month. He's just growing up too quickly. I love him so much and am grateful to have him in my life. Sometimes he drives me nuts of course, but my love for him is unconditional and I am learning patience more and more each day. Happy 1st Birthday Delson! You are now officially a little boy and no longer a baby! I love you!

1 comment:

Aunt Pam said...

I loved all the pictures and commentary about Delson's First Birthday party, but your blog on his brithday made me cry - what a beautiful letter to your little boy. I hope you are saving all of these blogs and photos for him (and for you). Kristen, you are such a special mama (and Alex, you're a special daddy. Delson is truly blessed to have you as his parents and to be able to grow up in a happy, loving home. Lots of Love, Aunt Pam