Monday, November 8, 2010
Binky-Free Delson
Last night we finally took Delson's binkies away. We wanted to get rid of them before he turned 2 which is next month and I thought it might be nice to have them gone before we go visit my parents in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving. So.....we did it last night. Like so many of my friends have done, we cut the nipple of the binkies off and then when we gave them to Delson, he said "Uh oh" because he knew they were broken and had to be thrown in the trash. We threw them away and when he realized they were all gone, he was pretty sad. He cried for about an hour and half before he finally fell asleep last night. It was heart wrenching to listen to. He kept crying out "B" because that is what he called them. He is such a sweetheart and he was pretty much mourning over the loss of his comfort prop. I only hope that if I was to die today and Alex told him I was all gone that Delson would cry like that over me. It was pretty pathetic. It made me feel bad, but I know it is for the best. He woke up one other time in the night and started crying, but I just went in and reminded him that they were broken and he laid right back down and went to sleep. I was really nervous for nap time today too, but he only fussed for a very short while. He is such a good boy and he is doing much better than I thought he would. I am so proud of my Delson! Yeah for no more binkies! (At least for Delson....we'll still have to get rid of Kambria's at some point, but I don't even want to think about that right now.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love, love, love your color commentary on if you die Delson better cry as much. You are too funny. Delson will adapt but meanwhile look how cute Kambria is. I also really love the solo portraits of the kids on your page.
Poor little guy. Will he be jealous of Kambria's binky?
I think it is harder on us mommy's then it is on the kiddos. You will be so glad in a few weeks when it is all over. We took Max's away not to long ago and I think I was sader then he was. It was admitting that he wasn't a baby anymore. Stay strong...by the way your family pictures are adorable!
He will get over it quickly. With Josh they just disappeared one day when he was about 16 months because we wanted him off it by the time he went to nursery. Plus he was becoming a tyrant about them, refusing to do anything without a bink. Lucky for both of us our kids aren't thumb suckers because I have no idea how parents break that habit.
Oh poor boy :( giving up the binkie is tough! I hope you're not having tons of crying still... (heck, being a mom is tough!)
When it comes time to give up Kambria's you could try what I did and have binkie fairies come to your house. i blogged about it... I think it was in maybe August of 2009- I remember I did it right before we moved into our new house.
Post a Comment