Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ward Christmas Party

This year our ward Christmas party turned out pretty awesome!  Our activities committee chair, Michelle, is amazing and so crafty and she came up with a great idea to do a Polar Express theme for Christmas.  I am on the activities committee, so I had the opportunity to help set up and it was a lot of work, but a lot of fun and the party turned out fantastic!  We decorated the hall outside of the gym of the church building like a train and everyone in the ward took turns sitting on the train and then the train "arrived" at the North Pole, which was the gym.  Just like in the Polar Express movie, we had hot chocolate chefs (the Young Men) and the hot chocolate was delicious.  We had breakfast for dinner and all of the kids wore there pajamas.  After dinner, a counselor in the bishopric read the Polar Express story and then another man led everyone in singing some fun Christmas songs before Santa and Mrs. Claus showed up.  It was a wonderful night and I think everyone will remember this ward Christmas party.  We probably had close to 300 people there and the whole night was a huge success!
The train.  Of course everything was much better in person.
A close up of one of the hot chocolate chefs.
Our friends Krista and Josh.  They helped Alex out quite a bit with the kids since I was in charge of the food that night.
Singing Christmas songs.  You can see the awesome fireplace in the background that Michelle built.
The beautifully decorated ceiling with lights and snowflakes.
One of the gym walls.  All of the primary children made the snowflakes.
Santa and Mrs. Claus.  Alex took the kids home before Santa arrived since it was so late and there were a gazillion kids, so I don't have any pictures of Delson sitting with them.  He doesn't understand it enough yet anyways, but next year we will get pictures of him with Santa for sure. 

3 comments:

Sharee said...

Wow! What an awesome idea! Looks really cool in the pictures. We missed our ward party so I'm going to have to take Case somewhere this week to see Santa, I think!

Lauren said...

The party looked fantastic! I really like the theme too. Well done.

Kristen Miner said...

I cannot believe that is a ward holiday party. Another something amazing your hand has touched.