Friday, July 1, 2011

Update on the Kids

I have quite a few pictures of the kids from just recently.  They are doing great!  I'm sad that Kambria is just beginning the terrible 2's phase because she has been my sweet little girl all along, but now she knows how to throw a fit and slap mommy's face when she is angry.  When she throws a tantrum about something she just arches her back and throws her body backwards against the floor and it is so naughty.  I'm sad that she can't just bypass the terrible 2's, but I guess it is a necessary stage for all kids to go through.  However, she is starting to say a few words like "cracker" and "Delson" and "shoe" (as best as she can anyway).  I am loving it!  It is so exciting.  She continues to follow Delson everywhere and they constantly fight over the same toys, which is annoying, and yet kind of funny at the same time.

We started potty training Delson almost 2 weeks ago and it has been going really well.  He has picked up on peeing in the toilet very quickly and we have even gone out to the store and he is very good at telling me he has to go "potty."  He hardly has any potty accidents now.  However, #2 is a completely different story.  He is not very keen on going #2 in the toilet yet and he continues to soil his underwear, but today we made some progress and I caught him right at the beginning of it and he was able to finish in the toilet which won him a toy motorcycle that looks like daddy's.  He was super excited about it, so I hope he continues to go #2 in the toilet.

Delson is also starting to say some really funny things.  The other day we were outside playing and he was saying "Hey Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" and then he continued with "Answer me, please!"  Haha....that totally got me laughing because I do the same thing to him when I am calling him and he doesn't answer me.  Now he understands how I feel.  And then as a treat for potty training, I pulled out some peanut butter M&Ms that were leftover from Easter and they are egged shaped.  And all on his own, he came to me and said, "Mom, I want a football M&M."  HA....what a clever kid.  They look like footballs, so he called them that.  I thought that was pretty funny so we call them football M&Ms now.  As much as my kids drive me up the wall sometimes, they are so smart and funny and happy and they bring a lot of joy into our home and I am so grateful everyday for my 2 healthy and happy children.
The kiddos playing outside in our little pool.
Delson likes to play under the grill cover.
Kambria just LOVES to chill out in the new wagon we got.  She just goes and sits in it all the time.
Father and son making the same cheesy grin.
The kids had a swim play date with friends Brea and Myles.
Delson and Kambria showing off their Nutella smiles.
We discovered that Kambria likes plums and she knows how to make a mess of them too.
This is how Delson tries to get dressed.
Kambria in her beautiful Sunday dress.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Okay, love the pics of the kids. First of all, the pic of Delson putting the clothes on is all Steph. I see her face perfectly. Second of all, the pics of Kam in her dress are to die for.

Kristen Miner said...

I do not think Alex's legs could look any longer (and why have both my comments so far been about legs). I love the father/son grins. We also have that wagon and the boys love it too. In fact, it's are pool wagon so they have learned to love it even more. Love, love, love the Sunday dress. She is so tender.