This year Alex and I finally decided to go for it and really plant a garden. It was a great Mother's Day present to me because we planted it the day before and it looked so beautiful and was so much fun! We planted 3 different types of strawberries, 5 types of tomatoes, jalapenos, poblano peppers, habanero peppers, banana peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, and cilantro. The grapes and black and red raspberries we planted in the fall are growing beautifully and my roses, dahlias, and gladiolas look gorgeous too! I'm SO excited to have a beautiful growing garden. We have already harvested lots of black raspberries and a HUGE banana pepper. The tomatoes, zucchini, and jalapenos are just starting to come in and we have had a few tiny strawberries, but they will probably do better next year. I'm so proud to actually say that I have a growing garden this year. Hooray! The pictures below are progressive from May 12 to today July 1.
 |
| All of the roses. |
 |
| All the different colors of roses we are growing. |
 |
| Gorgeous! I LOVE roses. |
 |
| The strawberries right after planting on May 12. |
 |
| The melon starts. |
 |
| A picture of the whole garden. The grapes are up above. |
 |
| A picture of the whole garden as taken on June 26. Alex is setting up the grape trellis. |
 |
| The cilantro is super bushy and has flowers growing all over it. |
 |
| The tomato plants growing larger. |
 |
| An up close picture of a Roma tomato. |
 |
| Some green Big Boy tomatoes. |
 |
| My zucchini plant. |
 |
| A HUGE banana pepper growing on the plant. |
 |
| The beautiful gladiolas. |
 |
| One grape bunch that is growing. |
 |
| One grape vine. |
 |
| Another grape bunch. They start off so tiny and cute. |
 |
| My black raspberries. They start off red and turn black. |
 |
| Lots of dahlias....just growing taller and taller. |
 |
| One of our black raspberry harvests. |
 |
| The HUGE banana pepper. It is the length of my hand for goodness sake!!! It tasted very sweet too. |
2 comments:
That is super impressive!! I can't grow anything--but I'm glad my dad does so I can share his good food:)
The front of your house is way cute!
Amazing garden= me jealous! That berry bowl looks divine!
Post a Comment