Delson has been doing remarkably better. On Sunday we decided to start a new routine for him whenever he goes down for a nap or for bedtime and ever since then it hasn't taken him longer than 10 minutes to fall asleep. Whenever we put him to sleep before when he had his binky, we would just put him in his bed with it and that was it. We never read books or snuggled him or anything because he was fine without it. So Sunday we decided we would read him 2 to 3 books to help wind him down for nap or bedtime and then just kind of tuck him into bed a bit and it has been working like a charm. Before the binky was doing all of the comforting, but because he doesn't have it now, he needs a bit more from us in order for him to calm down before bed. Otherwise he screams and throws fits in order to calm down. This new way is much better and we are all happier. I am fine with him taking shorter naps, I just didn't like him taking so long to fall asleep and constantly having to go in his room and put him back in his bed over and over. He still gets sad about bedtime, but he hasn't asked for his binky the last 3 days that I have put him down. So I know this is a HUGE improvement. I'm glad we have stuck it out. Consistency is the key to raising children I have decided and sometimes it is SO DIFFICULT to be consistent, but it is worth it. And usually the child catches on within a few days, and then it's no big deal for the parent anymore. Anyways....I'm MUCH happier now and I think Delson is too. Yeah for resolution!
I thought I would include a few pictures of Delson in this post. He has really started to LOVE Legos and it is so nice to see him play so nicely with them as well as be so focused on something for so long. He really enjoys building towers with them.
 |
| Performing acrobatics to reach for his Legos. |
 |
| This is classic Delson. Whenever he is really focused on a task, he sticks his tongue out. This reminds me of his Grandpa Walt because he does the same exact thing. So funny! |
 |
| Proud of his tall tower. |
3 comments:
Yeah for Delson! I am so glad it is going better for you guys.
Way to solve your problem using excellent parenting skills! So glad you made it through the tough transition.
What a doll your Delson is - our Elijah is 7.5 and still loves his legos!
Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog - (I just realized you did) I had lost the link to your blog - but now we can keep up with your family!
Post a Comment