Sunday, December 19, 2010

Delson's 2nd Birthday

Delson is officially 2 years old now.  I can hardly believe it.  It's crazy how fast time flies.  He is such a big boy now.  He is in the middle of the terrible twos already, meaning he likes to hit and throw fits and he is SUPER possessive of his toys, but he is also very sweet at times and he is talking up a storm lately.  He is starting to form sentences and it is awesome to see him develop into a little boy.  This age is very exciting but definitely has its challenges.

For Delson's 2nd Birthday party, we decided to do a John Deere tractor theme.  He really liked it.  We had quite a few people over and he had 5 friends there too.  It was a lot of fun and he got some pretty great toys.
The Birthday Boy
His girl friends Brea and Jaylie.
The tractor cake that I labored over for 4 hours.  Why do we go to such extents for our kids when they could care less at this age?
The tractor stickers
The John Deer decor (click on the picture to zoom in).
The whole gang there to celebrate.
Singing "Happy Birthday".  He couldn't put his drill down from his new tool set from my Aunt Darcy.
Blowing out the candle.
Eating the cake.  We loved that Delson picked the whole piece up with his fork.
All the kids eating the cake at the table.
Delson riding his new semi truck from Grandpa Walt and Grandma Karen.  He's pulling Kambria along.
Braden loved the semi too, and Kambria followed them around everywhere.
Delson's new cowboy hat from Uncle Trent and Aunt Stephy.
The next morning I caught Delson sitting on his new tricycle from Grandpa Del and Grandma Daneen while wearing his cowboy hat.  He is so clever and such a cutie.
Thank you to all the friends and family that came to the party and to all of those who sent gifts.  He got a lot of new things and he LOVES all of it.  His new toys have been keeping him busy the past couple of days and now we need a bigger house to hold it all.  Happy Birthday Delson!  I love you, my big boy!

7 comments:

Sharee said...

That looks like it was so much fun! You are a great mom too Kristen! The cake looks fabulous and the theme is great. Case came up to the computer and wanted to "drive that tractor"...I think he and Delson would have a ton of fun together. Hopefully we will see you guys this spring sometime :)

Emily said...

happy birthday to your cute little man!! The cake looks amazing!

Lauren said...

I totally know what you mean about needing a bigger place for all the kid stuff. Between Josh's B-day, the big brother presents and Christmas, our apartment looks like I run a daycare.

Anna K. said...

I found your blog!!! Delson is so cute! yay for 2!

Kristen Miner said...

Yeah!! Happy Birthday Delson. Can't believe your big boy really is two now and your daughter will be one soon. That cake looks A-MAZ-ING! You have a real talent there Kris. And one cute boy. Loves!

Porters said...

so cute...! I haven't even seen you had another baby! She is a doll. I love the pictures- you guys look like a happy family!

marcalicious said...

you can make a cake for me....i'll appreciate it. ;) You did a good job on it.

you are a cute lil' mom. good job K! :)