Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Few New Things

After buying a house, having children and finishing our backyard over the last 3 years, we finally had a chance this year to add some new decor to our house.  With our tax return this year, we decided to spend our money on a new Plasma TV.  Because Alex mounted it to the wall, the kids can no longer touch it and it is the best thing ever.  No more constantly yelling at them not to touch it and no more cleaning their finger prints off of it.  Also, because it is plasma, it is 3D ready and the TV came with 2 pairs of 3D glasses and we are thoroughly enjoying it.  We also bought a new entertainment center that better hides the cords from the kids and I purchased a hutch to replace the buffet we had in the kitchen.  I needed a place to display some of my nice dishes as well as make more room in the kitchen for other things.  The entertainment center and hutch are from IKEA.  Gotta LOVE that place!!!  Also, Alex and I have planted roses in our front yard and dahlias and gladiolas in our back yard.  The roses have been blooming beautifully and the dahlias and gladiolas are just starting to pop up and I am SUPER excited about my flower garden.  

New curtains above the couch to bring some more color into the room.
The new hutch.
The TV and entertainment center.





My beautiful roses and new patio set.

3 comments:

Sharee said...

I love the new additions :) I'm really getting into gardening too...except mine is a veggie garden. I can't wait to own a home so that I can do more of a flower garden too! We miss you too!! And Case is always talking about going back to grandma's house. He misses Delson too :)

Melanie said...

I love watching your flowers bloom. They are beautiful. That's funny...I was totally checking out your patio furniture as well. LOVE IT!

Kristen Miner said...

Love the new additions, especially because they are black. They just might appear in our house someday too. Your house looks so nice and decorated. You have a great eye for that sort of thing.