Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kambria is Binky Free!

We did it again!  Just like we did with Delson, we took Kambria's binky away on Saturday and she has been doing great with it.  I cut off the nipples and she determined that her binkies were "broke" and that they belonged in the "trash."  She even threw them away herself.  For nap time on Saturday she fussed for about 15 minutes before she fell asleep and then about 45 minutes Saturday night.  I just had to remind her about every 10 minutes that her binky was in the trash and all gone and she understood and would repeat it back.  Sunday she never ended up taking a nap, but bedtime and nap time since Sunday have been great.  She might whine for about 2 minutes before she gives it up and falls asleep.  Alex initially wanted to wait another month to take her binky away, but she was ready and has done fabulously.  I'm super excited for her to turn 2 at the end of this month, and I just felt she needed to be rid of the binky before then and she can't get her big girl bed until her binky is gone, so now she is officially ready to turn 2 and be my big girl.  Hooray for being binky free!  (Until the next baby comes someday down the road right?)  I'm so proud of my Kambria!
Daneen got Kambria this cute outfit for Christmas!  I love it and Kambria even grabbed those boots to wear with it.  She LOVES to wear those boots nonstop.  
Here are the adorable fairy wings on the back.  So cute!  I LOVE girl clothes!

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Way to go!

Sharee said...

Yeah! I hope Miles is as easy as Kambria sounds!! That is a super cute outfit. Love the wings!