Sunday, January 1, 2012

Couple's Cruise 2011

Alex and I took a FABULOUS child-free cruise to the western coast of Mexico from October 23 - 30.  We had a blast with our college friends: Tanya & Aaron, Kristen & Sean, and Kortney and Chase!  Two of the couples we hadn't even seen since the last time we cruised with them in 2009, so it was a much needed get together.  Those memories are priceless and I am so grateful we had that week together.  It will never be forgotten!

We left out of Long Beach Port and were at sea on Days 1 & 2, we ventured into Cabo San Lucas on Days 3 & 4 and Puerto Vallarta on Day 5 and were at sea again on Days 6 & 7.  Enjoy the pictures!

Just heading out into open waters from Port of Long Beach.
Day 2: Sun bathing on the deck.
From the left: Kristen, Tanya, Kortney and me.
We LOVE the 24-hour self-serve ice cream machine.  You can never have enough!
Formal Night
The Boys: Alex, Sean, Aaron & Chase
The Girls: Me, Kristen, Kortney & Tanya
The whole group
Best Friends Forever
The sexy pose before we head into Cabo San Lucas.
Our Ship: The Carnival Splendor
Eating at an authentic Mexican taco wagon.  They had yummy fish tacos and Coke.
We spent our first day in Cabo at Lover's Beach.  It was crowded, but gorgeous and we had a great time sun bathing and playing in the crazy waves.
One of the most memorable parts of the cruise was when a wave pounded Chase to the ocean floor.   You can just barely see his backpack above the white foam.  It was hilarious and we laughed for DAYS about that.  
Another shot of our ship from Lover's Beach.

Another sexy girl photo shoot.
The famous Cabo landmark: the Lover's Beach Arch.
Chase proposed to Kortney just behind that arch; it was an exciting day for them!  
Chase and the waves did not get along well on our trip.  These are the battle wounds he went home with after failing to outrun the waves while protecting the engagement ring he was about to propose with.
I was obsessed with running from the waves. Tanya took this crazy picture of me.  I really miss the good old childhood days on the beach.
Toasting to Chase and Kortney's engagement.
Chase, Aaron and Alex got matching puma tattoos.  They are weirdos.
The second day in Cabo, Kristen and Sean and Alex and I went off to a beach where we relaxed, played in the water, and got harassed by pedlers.  Then Kristen and I went para-sailing.  Para-sailing was a bit of a scary experience, but I am glad I did it.  We didn't get any pictures since it was just the 2 of us and we didn't trust the boat  crew with our cameras, but it was really fun!  We were super high up and a cruise ship even passed beneath us.  It was crazy, but I will never forget it!
One of the hundreds of pedlers that harassed us.
Getting ready to leave Cabo.
Then we headed to Puerto Vallarta where we all went zip-lining.  It was AWESOME!  We were in a beautiful jungle and there were 14 different zip-lines.  The highest zip-line was 500 ft. high and 1300 ft long.  It was breathtaking! 
Me on the zip-line.
Alex and I racing.
I'm giving my sexy leg pose which is what you are required to do every time you hook up to a zip-line.
Tanya made a deal with a guy at the end of our zip-line experience that she would put a real live scorpion on her face for a free drink.  I don't think that was worth it, especially since we don't drink alcohol.
Sean put a tarantula on his face.  He seems to like it a little too much I think.
After zip-lining there was a nice river where we could cool off.  Tanya, Kristen and I greatly enjoyed it!
Our dinner servers and us.

All 4 girls got treated to a nice spa day.  We had full body massages, scalp massages and facials.  It was so relaxing and fun to do together.
Tanya, me and Kristen on our last night on deck.  Great memories!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

SO FUN! I'm still jealous you lucky lucky girl. :)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Just had a real good laugh about chase and the waves. I needed to be reminded of that.

Kristen Miner said...

Ha ha, I just had a real good laugh about the waves and Chase too with Kortney and Chase sitting by me. It was awesome and a great reminder that I need to finally blog about it.

Barbaloot said...

That looks awesome! How fun that you do cool vacations with couples like that.